During the cooler Northglenn months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your furnace breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t happen to you, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. Nonetheless, if it occurs, a simple call to Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will help bring warm and comfort back into your house in no time. We’ve got a few signs you should watch for to help you decide if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before it results in an emergency repair. Call Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. as soon as possible if you notice any of these complications:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace right away and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and leave the lights off until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your house.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you observe a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but see an increase in your energy bill, there are several different problems you could be experiencing. Your qualified technician from Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. can find out what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running consistently, you could have a problem. It could be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you sort it out.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, contact us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 303-452-4146 or schedule an appointment with us online.