Having routine air conditioning service completed at least annually can help extend the life of your air conditioner and keep it functioning at its highest efficiency. Before we get to the muggiest days of the Northglenn summertime, have the experts at Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. conduct your yearly air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be completed during a accurate air conditioning service appointment. From energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Inspect for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of unlawfully freeing it to the air.
- Check for efficient airflow through the system.
- Confirm the correct electric control sequence to guarantee proper sequence of operation.
- Review electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Inspect the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, replacing or cleaning your air filters regularly is essential. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to run at a high level of efficiency. In addition to when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your annual air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We suggest looking at it monthly or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually demands cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another component of air conditioner maintenance, call Northglenn Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. today at 303-452-4146.